All our latest news articles can be found here.
- The Boat Race, May 1stPorthmadog witnessed a unique race during the Ffestiniog Railway Society AGM weekend as rowers from the Madoc Yacht Club took on the FR’s replica of Spooner’s ‘Boat’ in an 8-furlong dash across the Cob. With parts of the course suitably waterlogged, the official going was ‘good to soft’. More significantly however, following a prolonged period […]
- Livingston Thompson Trophy awardOn 1 May 2022, we finally got an opportunity to present Chris Jones and Peter Dennis with the Livingston Thompson Trophy in recognition of their work writing Little Giants, the seminal work on pre-preservation Festiniog locomotives. In the pictures below, Chris and Peter are seen receiving the trophy from Glenn Williams, Chair of the Festiniog […]
- Heritage Group Journal No.148, Winter 2021/22The latest Journal is heading your way – indeed, if you’ve opted to receive it digitally, check your inbox now! For those who were unable to make the 2021 AGM there’s a chance to read the Chairman’s Report from Glenn, as well as an introduction to the new Committee Members. We then go back to […]
- A Waggon Tracks tour…The Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways’ latest Moving Pictures, number 59, takes a look at the amazing results of our Waggon Tracks project, the re-establishment of workshop facilities in the Blacksmith’s Shop at Boston Lodge, and the wide variety of heritage waggons we are able to use to demonstrate the freight the railway hauled. Click […]
- Heritage Group AGMThe Group’s 38th AGM was held online on Saturday 20th November. Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway Company Trustee Dafydd Gwyn was the meeting’s special guest, opening it with a talk about heritage matters. Key themes arising included members being encouraged to switch to receiving future Journals digitally, as well as an appeal for someone to […]
Latest news from our social media sites can be found here: