All our latest news articles can be found here.
- New book releaseNow available on our Sales page, Peter Jamieson’s new book, The Festiniog Railway: Getting There and Back published by the Festiniog Railway Heritage Group. This book is Peter Jamieson’s memories of volunteering on the Festiniog Railway from 1952 to 1962 including many monochrome photos, most of them previously unpublished. Get it here.
- The Boat Race, May 1stPorthmadog witnessed a unique race during the Ffestiniog Railway Society AGM weekend as rowers from the Madoc Yacht Club took on the FR’s replica of Spooner’s ‘Boat’ in an 8-furlong dash across the Cob. With parts of the course suitably waterlogged, the official going was ‘good to soft’. More significantly however, following a prolonged period… Read more: The Boat Race, May 1st
- Livingston Thompson Trophy awardOn 1 May 2022, we finally got an opportunity to present Chris Jones and Peter Dennis with the Livingston Thompson Trophy in recognition of their work writing Little Giants, the seminal work on pre-preservation Festiniog locomotives. In the pictures below, Chris and Peter are seen receiving the trophy from Glenn Williams, Chair of the Festiniog… Read more: Livingston Thompson Trophy award
- Heritage Group Journal No.148, Winter 2021/22The latest Journal is heading your way – indeed, if you’ve opted to receive it digitally, check your inbox now! For those who were unable to make the 2021 AGM there’s a chance to read the Chairman’s Report from Glenn, as well as an introduction to the new Committee Members. We then go back to… Read more: Heritage Group Journal No.148, Winter 2021/22
- A Waggon Tracks tour…The Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways’ latest Moving Pictures, number 59, takes a look at the amazing results of our Waggon Tracks project, the re-establishment of workshop facilities in the Blacksmith’s Shop at Boston Lodge, and the wide variety of heritage waggons we are able to use to demonstrate the freight the railway hauled. Click… Read more: A Waggon Tracks tour…
Latest news from our social media sites can be found here: